Saturday, January 30, 2010

So Close I Can Taste It

Its been a while since my last update. I have had a lot going on... possibly simular stuff to what you may have been experiencing lately: Christmas, New Year's Eve, School and having to learning to write 2010 instead of 2009. (Just wondering, how do you say 2010? Is it 2 thousand and ten, twenty ten, or 0-10?... like we used to say May of 0-9)

Anyways, the tables we wanted to get were extremely overpriced to say the least. To give you an idea of how overpriced, let me share the details. I had $1700 set side to buy 5-7 tables. I had originally had been given an estimate for the table frames costing $250 each with shipping. Its alot, but they would be a great investment. My family has one and they have lasted forever... kinda: 5 years of indestru-table service... puny... I know. My dad called the company and they said for $1700, I could only buy 3 table frames... actually it would cost more with shipping. My dad was smart and started looking around for me to see if he could find a better deal... he did. He ordered 7 table frames from Florida for $1500. Get this: the table frames that cost so much came from a company from Alabama, my neighborhood. The table frames we bought from Florida were first shipped from Iowa, then to us. Its ridicious, I know.

Well, the table frames wouldn't even be shipped until after the christmas/new years season.  So we waited til about the 13th of January and they finally arrived. I set up the first workday and we competed 4 tables today for the church!!!! We originally planned to buy only 3 for the church... they got one extra! So where are the other 3 going? I managed to set up a deal with my church and they are being donated to my school. They really need them. I am thrilled!!

So this is what I have to say: 4 Down, 3 to Go!!!

Josh and I tighten one of many, many bolts involved with assembling tables.

The Brave and Few: 40 hours combined labor in one morning

The Finished Product (Aren't They Pretty?)

No comments: