Thursday, November 5, 2009

Great News!!!

Sorry for the delay in getting this post up. It has been an interesting two weeks. Stuff is going great, but nothing is "write this on the blog immediately" kind of material. So I will give you the big picture which might be able to capture some of my joy.

Over the past few weeks, orders and donations have been coming in steadily. I have had at least one donation/order come in for the last 3 days. Right now the fundraising is at at most $800 of net gain. That is subtracting out the expenses of buying supplies.

I have also made a change in how i am doing my cards. I am printing my own cards now. It is almost 50% cheaper than getting them printed at the print shop. At home, each card costs $0.10 to print while printing at the shop costs $0.17. So this good news. I got a deal on print cartriges so I am ready to go.

I have had a great response from everyone I have asked to help. One of my teachers who gave me tutoring for the ACT is donating the tutoring money toward buying cards. One of the men at my church is a landscaper and he is helping me pick out the right plants for the project. (The ones i was planning on using have done poorly because the rain cause them to get diseases.) He even created a virtual picture of what the finished product will look like!!



I am very excited. Thank you to everyone who is helping with the fundraising and praying for the project. God is doing great things.

No comments: