On Saturday, a whole bunch of my friends and I held a carwash... in the wet... in the cold... on a cloudly day. I found out who my friend are... they were the ones who were shivering and freezing with me. Good thing, i had first aid training on hypothermia. Jk...
We washed a total of about 15 cars in all... overcoming the disadvantage of being behind the store and not easily seen. We did extremely well for a cloudy day in the Fall. In all, we earned $204.05. Don't forget that five cents... that is 0.024% of the total amount!
It all really worked out... I was kinda discouraged in the beginning about the amount of cars that were coming, but later realized that despite the amount of cars, we did very well. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me and helped me get it all organized. In particular, i want to thank one of the Venturing girls who came when she was not feeling very good and her brother who waved the sign in front of the store for the entire 3 hours.
Us working at the carwash... (notice that the scout in blue is shooting the one with a black coat on with the hose.)
This Scout held the sign for 3 hours straight in front of the store!
Carwashing with coats in the cold...
I am very excited. In all, the fundraising is at $300 of the needed $1500... 1/5 of the way there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Taylor.
Keep up the good work! Your dad and I are proud of you...
Post a Comment