Friday, October 23, 2009

DANGER DANGER!!!

Yesterday was very scary. Almost had a big problem, but all is well now. I went to pick up the cards from the printers and they weren't right. The frog and sunflower designs were printed on the cards in a landscape format which made design very small... too much white space! The Christmas cards had a small thing which was my fault... that thing didn't ruin it, just something to change next time.

I was not very happy considering that I had 200 cards that were not the quality product that I was looking for to represent what I was making. To get another set printed and made to use instead of the original 200 would put me almost $150 under. It was kinda... well... frustrating.

Thankfully, one of my friends saved the day. She was with me when I ordered the cards and remember that I had given clear instructions to the layout of the cards. The printshop had made the error... I shouldn't have to take the hit. We went back and show the store what was wrong. They graciously took back the 200 and promised to make up the next batch at no extra cost. Just got them in today and they look great. Very happy with the customer service and glad that all is well in Taylorville.

Still waiting and praying for donations or card orders to come in. Only have had 2 orders so far and that is only a drop in the bucket. Not worrying though. Trusting God to provide what I need.

Another exciting thing, I am having a Eagle Carwash tomorrow to raise money!!! Already have about 8 helpers signed up and ready to go. Very exciting. Hope we have a great turnout. Pray for the weather to be clear and no one to get hurt.

No comments: